Nominations for the 2018 Award open on 8 December 2017
Download Nomination Form
The Bathurst Macquarie Heritage Medal is a prestigious annually awarded prize acknowledging the significant contribution of an individual to the protection, enhancement or promotion of Australia’s heritage; where heritage refers to natural, built, social, or cultural heritage.
The Bathurst Macquarie Heritage Medal is awarded on merit. It is a prestigious heritage award, gifted to an individual who has:
- Demonstrated commitment to protecting, promoting or enhancing the value of Australia’s heritage that goes beyond their day to day role
- Made a lasting contribution to Australia’s natural, built, social and/or cultural heritage
- Positively influenced the value of Australia’s heritage on a national or international level
Nominees should have:
- Made an impact on or be a positive influence on the value of Australia’s heritage
- Personal integrity
- Do not need to be currently working in or wholly focused on the heritage or history field to be eligible for this award
- Should ordinarily be permanent residents of Australia
- Must agree to be included in the nomination process
A high-resolution image of the nominee is requested to be included as part of the nomination for the Medal. Shortlisted nominees will be requested to supply a one minute video for inclusion i nthe Awards night presentation. A brief for the video will be provided at the time of advice regarding shortlisting. These items will be used to promote the Medal on a range of media channels (print, online, TV) and in the Award’s media kit. In providing these items the nominee agrees to them being used across a broad range of media to promote the Bathurst Macquarie Heritage Medal and their involvement in the nomination process.
Nominations closed: 5pm AEST Friday 23 April 2018